Sunday, March 20, 2005

I wonder

I had a strange but wonderful dream last night. I dreamt i was walking in a place surrounded bush lush fresh grass. I felt the wind in my hair, ( fact is my waist length hair is no more and I look like a hedgehog right now ), I could almost smell the scent of the tiny flowers growin gsporadically around. In the midst of all this were huge structures made out of aged rock or stone, ornamented with a variety of buddhist motive carvings. I appraoched to to see the carvings and caught sight of a Standing Buddha image with a smiling face and eyes half-closed in meditation. I dont really know why, but in my dream, I was so moved by the sight of that Buddha i began to cry and cry and cry. I cried not out of sadness, or guilt, or fear... I did not feel any of those emotions... but I felt a rush of faith and a feeling of belonging, i felt as if I had met an old friend that I have been away from for a very long time.

Thereafter the dream went on with details which I cannot remember, and I happened to return to the carving again, and again tears started rolling... this time, I woke up to reality. My face was still damp with traces of drying tears.... and in my heart, i felt a kind of "happiness" that i cannot describe. I felt like a warm aura of confidence and joy... i felt safe.

I wonder if dreams have any real significance in our waking hours but if they do... I sure hope this dream is a "auspicious" one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home