Thursday, March 30, 2006

Why ar? When i prayed to my Guardian he did not give me what i wanted?

I was in contemplation yesterday thinking over some questions some friends asked me. One of the FAQs of EVERY DEVOTEE of EVERY PATH during their "down" times... is almost always the Golden Question: " Why ar? When I prayed to myProtector/God/Goddess/Spirit Guide/( name your divinity here ), whyHE/SHE also never answer me one leh?"

Obviously, the standard "logical" answer is almost always, we haveto patient, the divine has something else in store for us, we do nothave enough wisdom to understand the ways of the Higher Plan...etc.I personally found those answers although true and logical... but i remember during those times when I myself was down... I found those answers evasive or spiritually un-satisfying. I was reading thru some pages of inspiration ranging from Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism,Christianity and then as if in a "whisper" this particular verse "spoke" to me. Its allayed much of my querying mind and satisfied my spirit's need for answer. It is a verse written by a Christian philosopher which I hope all will enjoy as much as i did. Try to read it with an open mind... I know many are confused WHY would I need teachings of "other" faiths when I have my own... I believe, True Dharma has no boundaries,Limits and Labels... because Universal Truth is Universal Truth no matter what decorations we put upon them. So I try not to fault find the wisdom of others but instead to absorb the qualities that they have, to inspire and apply it towards the teachings of my own faith. Here's the verse :


********I asked for Strength and God gave me difficulties to make me Strong.
I asked for Wisdom and God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity and God gave me brawn and brain to work.
I asked for Courage and God gave me dangers to overcome.
I asked for Patience God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.
I asked for Love and God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours and God gave me opportunities.
I received Nothing I Wanted.
I received Everything I Needed .
MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.*****

I think it is absolutely beautiful and true, our gaurdians and protectors sometimes answer our prayers with blessings that might seem like problems, but truly they are there to help us learn,advance and transform, for without people and situations to annoy us, how else are we going to learn Patience and Love for ALL sentient beings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home