Monday, September 25, 2006

A Heaven of Wicked Ones?

A preacher approached me and started evangelising to me, telling me that if I were to renounce my old ways, old gods and old thoughts and accept the "good news" which he had to offer, I would be rewarded with the promise of heaven. And he asked me, wouldn't I like to go to heaven? I happened to be in a rather negative state of mind this week, as when things go wrong it truly just pours, my answer to him was a little curt, I told him: This is ASSUMING I am worthy enough to enter or choose a heaven, but even then

- if THAT heaven is filled with people who kill and harm millions of innocent lives, just so they can gratify their carnal lusts for 100 virgins.. I don't want in.

-if THAT heaven is filled with judgemental people who condemn others just for not making the choices they did - I don't want in

-if THAT heaven is filled with War-Mongering Hateful discriminating people - I don't want in

-if THAT Heaven is filled with disrespectful people who criticise, belittle and castigate the cultures and beliefs of other - I dont want in

-if THAT heaven is filled with hypocrites that point the finger at the faults of others, but make justified excuses for their own in the name of "divine" -I dont want in either.

I would like to go to the Heaven that Great Mother Teresa is in.
I would like to go to the Heaven that Peaceful Gandhi is in
I would like to go to the Heaven that Noble Rev. Martin Luther is at
I would like to go to a Heaven where Heroines and Heros of Justice, Equality and Love for all beings go.... The Heaven where people are joyful and kind, the heaven where humor is high, the heaven where peace and happiness presides and every night is a party Without discrimination and hate.... now THAT is a heaven i want in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home