Sunday, April 30, 2006

Divine Cat saves the Day


Divine Cat Sleeps

Animals have a way of returning ones kindness in ways sometimes they do not even realise! Being one of those Sleepless in Kuala Lumpur people... I had returned home last Wednesday...drove into my porch, closed and locked the gate, and thought maybe I will go out in a bit to get some food. In doing so, I decided not to lock my car. Laziness took over and I decided to have a homemade salad instead.

At around 430am, I was having my quiet time reading a book, when I heard Divine Cat yowling loudly, I called out to kitty; " Yes Mau Mau? What do you want?" at that time i heard a clang outside, like someone was knocking the lock at my gate ( or my neighbor's gate, the tone of the locks sound similar ) I came out to the hall and peered behind the curtains to see what was outside... nothing amiss. I thought " Kitty must have seen another Kat and was doing the territorial thing" I went back to my room, read for awhile and went to bed.

The next day to my horror, I when I went outside to bring out the garbage, I realised my car door at the driver's seat was opened! I went in to see what happened... and my "ashtray" was totally removed and placed on the passenger seat and all my extra coins were gone. Oh no! I have been burgled of a handful of coins. The petty theif had even the audacity to pick out 1 sen and 1 ringgit coins ( 1 RM are not legal tender any more ) and left them behind! haha. My Radio was still intact...

Then it dawned on me! The clang I heard must have been Petty Thief scaling my gates to get away! He must have heard me calling out to Divine Cat when Divine Cat saw him and decided to "Greet" him or ask him for a snack!!! Divine Cat's way of asking the visitor to paytoll haha.

If Divine Cat hadnt "alerted" me to my visitor, he could have made away with a lot more than just a handful of coins... also he could have attempted to break in thinking I would be sound asleep at such an ungodly hour.

Praise my Guardians for bringing Divine Cat into my Life. Yes, taking care of an adopted friend is a lot more work and expenses than I had anticipated, but it is so worth it. Divine Cat has brought me nothing else but laughter and given me nothing but his affections. He has helped me to realise the importance of taking care of another being and also, what it feels like to have a being totally dependent on you for its basic needs.

Isnt that what Spirituality is about? Especially those of us on the Buddha's or Kuan Yin's path? To develop an altruistic mind to BE that caregiver of those less fortunate that ourselves... or in a Divine Deity's case... we are totally dependent on them for our Spiritual Nourishment and Needs. The ultimate expression of our faith and devotion to our Divine Deity like Kuan Yin, is to BE a Kuan Yin-like being on earth to provide for others whatever we can be it Spiritual, Mental, Emotional or Material... in my case now i am starting with Divine Cat... in time perhaps, the community at large and then the country then the world and Ultimately... All beings.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home